FHCA’S STAND ON HISTORIC PRESERVATION & RESTORATION
The mission of the Fairfield County Heritage Association is to connect all people to the rich history of Fairfield County, in part through educating our community about its architectural heritage and by providing information about appropriate resources for preservation and restoration.
We always support the preservation of historic structures and oppose demolition. Likewise, we do not support the active neglect of any building. Rather we encourage thoughtful restoration, renovation and rehabilitation to make a structure a viable, contributing property within its neighborhood.
Here is a list of state and national preservation organizations that offer information about applying for historic preservation tax credits, where to find restoration workshops and how to list a building on the National Register of Historic Places.
• Heritage Ohio: http://www.heritageohio.org/
• Historic Lancaster Commission: http://www.ci.lancaster.oh.us/358/Historic-Lancaster-Commission
• National Register of Historic Places - www.cr.nps.gov/nr/
• National Trust for Historic Preservation - www.preservationnation.org
• Ohio Historic Preservation Office - http://www.ohiohistory.org/state-historic-preservation-office
• Ohio Historic Preservation Tax Credit - http://development.ohio.gov/cs/cs_ohptc.htm
• Preservation Ohio - http://www.preserveohio.com/